What Are They?
Probiotics are microscopic, living bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive and intestinal systems. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes illness. But your body is full of bacteria, both friendly and unfriendly. Probiotics are often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.
What Do They Do?
Probiotics perform a number of essential jobs within the gut. Emerging research shows that probiotics:
- Regulate intestinal and digestive functions
- Help eliminate toxins
- Help food move through the intestines
- Support a healthy digestive and intestinal environment
Research also shows that probiotics help support non-stomach-related health conditions, including:
- Skin conditions
- Urinary and vaginal health
- Immune health
- Oral health
Which Probiotic Is Best For Me?
Many different types of probiotics and bacteria strains are available today. Some are to be used daily while others are better suited for targeted health. The next page is a how-to guide for optimal probiotic health.
Best Use —as a daily supplement for digestive and immune support
This best-selling formula contains 11 different kinds of friendly flora to strengthen the body’s immune, digestive and intestinal systems.
- Regulates intestinal and digestive functions
- Helps eliminate toxins
- Supports the immune system
Best Use —as targeted care such as during changing seasons or for urinary or intestinal health support
This blend of four types of friendly flora acts as a natural immune booster and is safe for children.
- Supports immune system function
- Helps maintain female vaginal and urinary tract system health
- Helps promote intestinal health in children
Best Use —As targeted care for times of digestive discomfort This shelf stable strain of friendly flora acts as a natural support to help regulate intestinal and digestive issues.
- Helps maintain balance of the microbiome in the digestive system
- No refrigeration necessary. The perfect probiotic for when you’re on the go.
- Helps defend against abdominal discomfort like occasional diarrhea, bloating and gas
Best Use —For targeted support of the intestinal system Regulate your intestinal tract with dairy-free acidophilus supplements.
- Helps regulate the intestinal tract
- Supports the digestive, immune and intestinal systems
- Promotes healthy bacteria colonies in the gut