Guided by Nature’s Sunshine’s Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Matthew Tripp, The Hughes Center for Research and Innovation brings together experts from scientific and medical fields to pursue discovery and understanding of nutritional supplements. Our staff works hand in hand with the Nature’s Sunshine Medical and Scientific Advisory Board as well as the chemists, biologists and researchers at our Spanish Fork manufacturing plant to study ingredients and develop new formulations and testing methods.
Equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation, the multi-million-dollar Hughes Center allows scientists to analyze interactions between the body’s systems and nutritional supplements at a molecular level, thereby guiding discovery to the most bioactive and efficacious formulations.
- 5,400 sq. ft. of office, laboratory and clinical space
- Chemistry Laboratory – Providing quantitative analysis and identification of phytochemicals in herbal samples
- Tissue Culture Laboratory – Determining how natural compounds interact with biological models
- Cellular and Molecular Biology Laboratory – Examining how phytochemicals affect the molecular mechanisms of wellness concerns
- 4 PhD researchers, 2 Medical Doctors and additional scientists
- Licensed clinical study monitor